Sunday 17 February 2013

Pancakes in Miami Beach

Every time I visit a place I try to find at least one memorable dish so delicious that it alone would be enough for me to want to return. In Miami Beach, I serendipitously stumbled upon it when an infectiously charming server at 1500° in the Eden Roc Renaissance convinced two of us foodies to give the Tres Leches Pancakes a taste (pictured below). Forever thankful, I was wowed before swallowing my first bite.


With caramelized bananas topping a stack of fluffy buttery pancakes all set in a vanilla rum cream sauce - it is utterly indulgent.  Not for the thrifty, calorie conscious or anyone needing to be alert for a day of meetings, it could not be more perfectly suited to a lazy day by the pool or beach or to sustain you for a long time before your next meal.  In a city known for big beaches, sports teams, fashion and music - this is the one thing I tell everybody I know that they gotta try when they arrive in Miami Beach. 

Not only did Executive Chef Paula DaSilva create some special here, but the best part is that it's not an item that's ridiculously intimating to try to recreate at home.  Check her out as she makes it in the vid below ...






No comments: