Saturday 25 April 2009

70.3


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vcn-9yI_Q


27 degrees outside. Talk of Sporting Life, Mississauga & Ottawa in the air. Looks like race season is upon us folks.

Grabbed some new kicks after my home girl kicked ass at Boston this week (nice job SPE). Bike tires are pumped again and itching to get back into some ‘non spinning’ rides. Started a new weight-routine on Wednesday. And my front crawl can no longer be described as ‘Pheobe-like’=)

All in all, it’s time to snap out of the random winter routine and into a proper program again. This Sunday marks 20 weeks until the big test of ’09 - the Suburu Muskoka Ironman 70.3 (the ‘half’ IM ... http://www.ironmanmuskoka.com/intro.htm). While I may be comfortable on my feet, I’ll be attempting swim and bike distances I’ve never come close to touching before. Basically - It’s gonna be a hard but fun four and a half months, and I gotta shoutout in advance to all the good people I’m running and riding with for both pushing and putting up with me ... these might be individual events, but we’re definitely in ‘em together!

On that note – fire me a message if anyone out there’s looking for people to run or bike with ... we’ll be plotting short, medium, and long workouts all summer long with fun peeps, and definitely embrace strength in numbers!

And if not – watch out for deets of a big September party in cottage country if that’s more your thing-;)



NCFC's 'Running Against Crime' marathon team, ING Ottawa Marathon 2008 (above)
TNRL crew, Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2007 (below)

No comments: